Monday, October 20, 2014

Currently #3

Currently...

Reading Paper Love: Searching for the Girl My Grandfather Left Behind by Sarah Wildman. The author wants to find more information about her Jewish grandfather and his true love, who wasn't able to flee Europe with him during World War II. It's really interesting and I'm learning more about the way things were for Jewish people during the war. I visited a WWII memorial this weekend and it made me think of my grandpa, too.



Writing letters. I successfully mailed 8 of them! That's an accomplishment because the post office is in Romanian (yeah, I know, everything's in Romanian) and they always ask questions I don't know how to answer. Hopefully they all make it home! 

Listening to Nicki Minaj, for some reason. In my defense, we used her song for our dance.

Thinking about this week's site visit. Our Program Manager is making the rounds, and she's coming to my office on Thursday. She's the greatest and I am excited to see her, but I don't feel very confident in what I'm doing so I don't know how the conversation will go. Plus, she's got this way of talking to me and looking into my soul that often makes me want to cry, so I really don't want that to happen at work. 

Smelling fall. I don't actually smell this in Căplani, but I was in Ștefan Vodă this weekend and walked through parks with actual trees and leaves changing color and falling, and it was the greatest. 



Wishing my roomie a wonderful wedding week, and wishing I could be there for her on her big day Saturday. But I'll be there in spirit! (Delta Pi spirit?? My favorite kind?!)

Hoping that my host mom knows what she's doing in deciding on a tutor for me. Haven't met the woman yet, but host mom called her last night so I'm finally going to have a Romanian tutor. 

Wearing sweaters on sweaters on sweaters. Our wood has been delivered and the sobă (wood stove) has been turned on (started? What's the correct verb for this?) so the house is being heated and it's warm and cozy inside.. But it's chilly at work! Luckily sweaters/sweatshirts are possibly my favorite item of clothing.



Loving the people reading this right now. Yes, you! 


Wanting food from home. No, I'm dreaming about it. But literally. I had a very vivid dream last night involving tacos and soda, so that was weird, but. Basically I just want my mother to cook for me. I'm going to make a menu for 2016 when I come home, and it's going to be great.

Needing Hercules to come out so I can watch it. I'm obsessed and can't wait. Tomorrow, tomorrow, you're only a day away! 

Feeling sore from moving all the wood! (Even though I did this days ago.) A big truck came and delivered a huge amount of wood, and oddly enough, you can't just leave it all outside your gate on the road. So we had to move this huge pile inside. We started working together (host mom and I) but she left shortly after beginning to do something else, so I kept working. Kids came by and watched me, and eventually the pile was much smaller. Host mom came back out, saw the kids watching and the size of the pile, and told them to get off their butts and help me, so we got the rest finished in about 15 minutes with four of us working! And I felt very accomplished, so there's that. 




Clicking this awesome "color thesaurus" and this cute Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants reunion, which makes me want to read all the books again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment