Sunday, July 6, 2014

Leaving for Căplani

I'm sitting in my room this morning, waiting for it to be time to leave for my new village. It's weird because I am showered, packed, and ready to go and I still have 35 minutes before I have to leave. I wake up very early here; it'll be interesting to see if that's true 2 years from now when I leave Moldova. 

I was coming back into the house from the bathroom earlier and for some reason, I turned around. There was one tall sunflower that I hadn't seen before. I'm hoping that's a sign of good things to come. I know when I move to my village in a month, there will be an abundance of sunflowers, but this is the first one I have seen. 

I think my host mom is making breakfast for me, and possibly lunch as well - last night she asked if I would be eating in Căplani.. I think that's what she asked, though it's confusing because I will be there for 2 days and if I don't eat for that long.. If she is not awake or home when I get up and leave the house, she is very concerned later about who made my coffee in the morning. Once I told her I just didn't have any, and she (through writing down words that I had to figure out/put into Google translate) told me I had to make it myself or wake up Nina to do it. I'm not sure what the big deal with having coffee in the morning is, but it seems quite important. 

Surprise! I just had tea with breakfast (Sometimes it's hot chocolate, even).

Guess it's time to head off! Căplani, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment